Family Bicycle Treasure Hunt - May 2020
Clue Sheet and Directions.
*You are responsible for your own safety & ride entirely at your own risk*.
This treasure hunt can be done at any time. If you would like your answers checked, scored & to be added to the ‘leaderboard’ please email them to Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp 07888 005 440 at anytime during May 2020.
You can do it individually, or with members of your own household. Please please please be careful looking for answers whilst cycling and respect that the route is on public roads (if riding with children, use footpaths where possible).
If you follow the route correctly the answers to the clues should be in the order you come across them.
Key to abbreviations used;
sp - sign post R - Right
T/lts - Traffic Lights L - Left
T - T Junction Rab - Roundabout
X - Crossroads @ - at
SHORT 3.30mile Route (https://www.strava.com/routes/26615218)
START at Newick Community Centre car park.
1)Take a selfie of your team & your bikes (or just you & your bike if solo) outside Newick Community Centre! ***Photo 1***
R out of the car park onto The Green (this is the road that runs directly in front of The Bakers & The Bull PH)
2)If Haywards Heath + Uckfield is 13, how many is Winchester + Canterbury?
3)Quality what is on sale here?
4)This cottage shares its name with a North African capital city.
R at T
5) Who is licensed to sell beers wines and spirits?
6) What signs switch off here?
2nd R onto Allington Road
7) Who is the Mail King?
8) Fill in the blanks ‘ George ? - ?? ???? - 19??
9) What was presented to the village to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II’s Silver Jubilee?
10) Miss N Alty is what?
11) How many Fluer-de-lis adorn the gates to The Point House?
L at T onto A272
1st L onto Oxbottom Lane
12) This road is unsuitable for what?
1st L onto Tilehouse Lane
13) What shade of Purple is this Cottage?
14) A family of Badgers may live here?
L at T onto Cornwells Bank
15) Fill in the blanks ‘?????? Cottage - 20 ??? ???? - C.M.D
1st L onto Church Road sp Newick
16) Caution Overhead what?
17)Where will a duck tell you which way the wind blows?
18)Including the sign, how many images of Crowns can be seen outside the pub of the same name?
2nd L onto Oldaker Road
19) 1971 was whose Fiftieth Anniversary?
2nd R onto Marbles Road
20) How many years before 19) was Newick Bowls Club founded?
Finish at Newick Health Centre.